This is a long overdue post, but I would like to thank, from the bottom of my heart and tiny kitchen, Lucy’s Friendly Foods for nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger Award! This woman is an absolute angel, coming up with all sorts of allergy-free foods for her children, even down to packing them a lunch so that they can attend their friends’ parties without starving to death or having an allergy attack. With some food intolerances myself, I love reading her blog to see how creative a person can be in the kitchen to make delicious food even without items that some would find indispensable. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to nominate her for this award, but I think she definitely deserves it.
So, the rules of the award are to thank the person who gave you the award (check!), name seven other bloggers (below) and reveal seven things about myself (further below). I’m very pleased with myself that I have not included ALL food blogs this time! See, I do have other interests! (When I’m not in the kitchen, or slaving over a hot laptop.)
So, my nominees are:
- Stir & Stitch: Needlework and baking—she does both so beautifully.
- Emmy Cooks: Always creative, and is another one of those blogs where I want to make just about everything she posts.
- Girl in a Food Frenzy: A lovely blogger from down under who is both a costume designer for theatre and in chef training.
- While Chasing Kids: Not only is it a fantastic name for a blog, her recipes are delicious, and many from her Motherland of Russia. (Apologies if it’s a Fatherland!)
- The Taste Space: She makes great vegetarian food, and is as obsessed with wraps as I am. Except she actually makes them more than I do.
- Global Art Junkie: I’ve found out about some amazing artists on this site. I love how blogs can introduce me to different things!
- Jacob the Hob Nob: Hob Nobs are delectable English cookies, but this guy writes great reviews about film, another of my passions.
Now, seven things about me:
- I have a bit of a shoe obsession; seven pairs of Manolo Blahniks and counting.
- I lived in London for 11 years and miss it quite a bit, especially all of my friends. And the restaurants!
- I am pleased to say that I had the opportunity to eat at El Bulli, and even toured the (ridiculously large) kitchen with Ferran Adria.
- I had a much better garden in London on a balcony than I have managed to grow in Laguna Beach. Go figure.
- I can’t stand girly movies like Eat, Pray, Love. Give me action, car chases, aliens or spies every time.
- Sad but true fact: I got serious about cooking when my mom was going through chemotherapy. I tried to make all her favorites perfectly so that she would eat and keep her strength up.
- In honor and in memory of my mom, I’m donating eight inches of my hair to ChildrenWithHairLoss.us next week.
Thank you again to the lovely Lucy! Now I must go and let each of these bloggers know that I nominated them for the Kreativ Blogger Award!